I keep sending messages to girls but I never hear back from anyone. I’ve even starting hitting up girls that aren’t as good looking as I’d, ideally, like to hook up with. Still no luck!
What am I doing wrong?
Don’t fret, you are not a loser! We’ve got some tips that are guaranteed to get you more responses to your messages.
1. Are you asking a question in your messages? If you don’t ask a question the person on the other side of the message is less likely to respond because your communication isn’t engaging. Try asking a question at the end of your message to encourage a response.
2. What does your profile picture look like? If your photo is a picture of your abs, your underwear, or a really-outdated-obviously-not-current-photo you’re less likely to get a response. Make sure your picture matches your personality and is a clear shot of your face. Our internal research shows that smiling helps, so post a picture that shows those lovely pearl whites!
3. Were you sexually suggestive in your message? Probably not, but I always like to be completely straight forward about this because I think a lot of guys make a mistake when trying to be flirty but in reality come across as overly sexual. Girls aren’t interested in cutting to the chase right away. If you’re too sexually suggestive in your messaging, without a clear indication that that kind of communication is invited, she’s likely to be scared to meet you in person and less likely to write you back. Keep it light and genuine and save the sexual undertones for later or until you get the vibe that she’s on the same page.
Hope those tips help!
All the best!
I’ve been nudging back and forth with this guy on onenightfriendfree, but when I message him he doesn’t respond. I know he video chats because I’ve seen his videos. He’s sooooo cute! But whenever I’m online he doesn’t seem to be around.
Is he interested, or should I try to meet someone else?
Don’t hold your breathe for someone who isn’t giving you the attention you deserve. You deserve better than hooking up with someone who can’t take the time to message you back. If he’s interested, you’ll know it. Here’s some signs to look for when wondering if a guy is into you:
- Does he ask you questions when he sends you messages? If so it means he wants to get to know you. Make sure you ask him some questions as well when you send your response.
- Is he looking at your profile everyday? If he’s looking at your profile regularly but not sending a message he might be a little shy. Try sending him a nudge and see if he responds. If he does, send him a (short) message to see if he warms up to you. If he doesn’t respond let him go. Remember, if he can’t take the initiative to message you back he’s just not that into you, and you deserve better!
- Is he inviting you to public or private video chat sessions? onenightfriendfree is unique in the way that users have the option of connecting face-to-face rather than just over messages. Many users prefer to cut to the chase and chat in person to get an idea of what you look and act like over cam.
Hope that helps,
Flirt, aka “WOOing”
To wink, smile, lick one’s lips on camera over video chat during a public or private onenightfriendfreeNow chat session. To Flirt, aka “WOOing”, can also consist of persistent messaging and nudging. Flirting, aka “WOOing” is NOT to be confused with naughty camera play (that is strictly prohibited by onenightfriendfree TOS,).
1. WOOing, 2. nudging
My guy friends complain all the time that girls just don’t respond to their messages, nudges or friend requests. If this is you, don’t get down on yourself, you’re not alone. Online Dating Newsletter says that
For every 20 emails you send out only one person will respond on average
So how to improve this ratio? Follow these 5 tips and you’re likely to see your response ratio spike.
- Post multiple profile pictures. If a girl visits your profile picture and she sees only one shot of you she’s likely to get bored and pass on the rest. Compile a variety of pictures that give the girls something to peruse through. This is likely the only time she’ll spend on your profile, let her get to know you through your photos.
- Don’t be too much, or too little, of anything. Be quirky, but not too quirky. Be confident, but not arrogant. Be nice, but not a “nice guy”. The point is that you want to show her your personality without scaring her off with your neurotic, self-indulgent tendencies. Be genuine without being over-the-top.
- Send her message. Don’t just nudge her, or add her as a friend as she’s likely to pass over this gesture quickly. Remember, girls get a lot of profile visits. It’s just the nature of the game. To impress her you have to stand apart from the rest. Send her a short message that let’s her get to know you and end the message with a question, so she has something to go off of when she responds.
- Post a picture of yourself with another girl (a cute girl). Psychology suggests that jealousy, although a terrible feeling to be plagued with, is a huge motivator. The girl viewing your profile is likely to be influenced by the attractiveness of the other female in your picture which suggests that you’re a catch worth having. Give it a spin, let us know how it works out.
- Fill up your profile information, but don’t write essays about yourself. You might find yourself incredibly interesting, but she has to be sold. And trust me, it’s going to be a slow sell. As we mentioned above, there’s a lot of dudes competing with you and your proposed conquest has a lot of suitors to sort through. Be specific in your tastes, but don’t over talk yourself. BUT, follow this and the above tips and you’re likely to secure the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow in no time.
Today I stumbled across a profile of someone I know and I was wondering if there’s any way to keep this person from getting notified of this. The thing is that this person happens to be the ex-boyfriend of one of my best friends, and I’m afraid that if he sees that I looked at his profile that he might tell her. I wouldn’t want something like this to mess with a good friendship.
What should I do?
We get a few inquiries a week about people wanting to know how to keep other people from being able to see that they’ve viewed their profile.
Keep in mind that if the person you’re browsing is not a VIP member they will not be able to see that you’ve viewed their profile. Only VIP members can see who has viewed their profile.
If they are VIP and you want to keep them from viewing your profile after you check them out, you can block them. Blocking someone prohibits them from viewing your profile information. They will still be able to see your profile picture, however, so if you’re concerned about them recognizing you just post a picture that isn’t as recognizable to play it safe (don’t post a fake profile picture, you run the risk of having your profile suspended for violation of our terms of service).