I recently got into a relationship and my girlfriend wants me to delete my onenightfriendfree profile, but I use onenightfriendfree to chat with a lot of my friends. Do you think I should delete it or can I use onenightfriendfree to chat with friends?
Gary with the jealous girlfriend
Well, we are an online dating site. Many users do make friends on the site and keep in touch with them by using the hookup features we offer on the site, but this is usually a by-product of the initial intention of finding a date!
I would talk it over with your girlfriend and explain to her what you use the site for and see if this makes a difference in the way she feels about it. She is likely uncomfortable because of onenightfriendfree’s connection to dating and whatnot, which is understandable.
Far be it from us to tell you to leave our site, however! We love our active community members who engage with others not just for dating but for fun and friendship.
Good luck, let us know how it turns out.
All the best,
We’ve heard some great feedback from our users over the past six months and we wanted to give you all an update and let you know that you’ve been heard and we’re sifting through all of the ideas to bring you some new features.
Here’s a list of the 5 best ideas that you’ve brought to us. We won’t be able to address all of these issues right away, but we realize that they’re important and want you to know that we’re hearing what you say.
- Allow me to sort through people pages by whether or not they have a webcam. Users often complain about the fact that it’s time consuming to find other people who have working cameras. Soon we hope to implement a filter that will allow you to find these people much faster by aggregating those with cameras similarly to how you can aggregate a search by all female, or all male, results.
- Lag in video sessions. This is an old complaint and we’re happy to announce that in 1-on-1 video chats this is no longer a problem. We’re using advanced flash technology that improves the user experience for 1-on-1 onenightfriendfreeNow chat sessions that reduces lag time that is barely, if at all, noticeable.
- I don’t know how to meet people on onenightfriendfree. New users email us often with questions about how to use the onenightfriendfree platform to meet people in their area. Over the past year we’ve improved location search options and have implemented a Q&A section of our help desk to help new users understand onenightfriendfree a little bit better. If you have any questions that you think should be included let us know by sending us an email at community [at] onenightfriendfree [dot] com.
- Please add more privacy settings. Many users want to be able to hide their list of friends, their recent chat session history and their tags. We are considering tweaking certain privacy settings on profiles, however the recent chat session history and tags sections are visible for a reason: They help users identify people that they want to talk to based on interest. Another bug that users have noticed is that when someone blocks you they are not automatically removed from your friend list and you are no longer able to access their profile to remove them. We are working on this.
- Create a button to turn off the WOO music OR offer other music options. Users who have been WOOing for months or years are mentioning that they’d like to hear something different at the start of a chat session. We’re considering launching a contest where users submit their music for a chance to win and have their song play as the new or secondary WOO theme song. What do you think about a contest of this type, would you participate?