(photo by devanndesousa)
- Make a reservation at the popular restaurant you want to take your date to.
- Set up your date a week in advance so your date knows you’re thinking of him/her.
- Buy them flowers – thoughtfulness is awesome!
- Bring them a treat. Try to stay away from candy, bring something healthy instead!
- Bring them a card. Make one or buy one, either way it’s your opportunity to write something sweet that you don’t often get a chance (or let yourself be vulnerable enough) to say.
- Take your mother out if you don’t have a romantic date, at least let someone feel loved on this holiday!
- Show up late to the date.
- Wear jeans and a t-shirt – use this as an opportunity to clean up and dress up!
- Bring them cheap candy. Try to bring something healthier or splurge a little on quality.
- Wait until the day before to make plans. Put some thought into it.
- Take your ex out just because you’re lonely. Do something healthy like take a good friend out or your mother, let them know you care!
- Complain about how much Valentine’s Day sucks. Use this as an opportunity to celebrate the person you’re with and keep the conversation positive!