Maybe you heard about a little hockey team named the Boston Bruins winning the Stanley Cup in a 4-0 shutout in Game 7 against the Vancouver Canucks last night – their star player, 37-year-old goaltender Tim “The Tank” Thomas is largely to blame; honored with the Conn Smythe Trophy as the playoff MVP, and likely will win his second Vezina Trophy in the coming days. Let’s face it – the guy is a beast, a winner, a bad-ass, and any other synonym you can think of for someone who deserves a tremendous amount of admiration and respect. If you want to win on onenightfriendfree.com like Thomas and the Bruins, follow this simple to-do list:
1. Set goals
Whether your goal is meeting a new friend in video chat or winning the Stanley Cup – begin your path by defining and committing to it. You should have an overall goal, with smaller goals that will contribute. When Thomas arrived at training camp, winning the NHL championship was exactly what he set as a goal – with small victories that would ultimately lead to the cup. If you set a goal of meeting your next boyfriend on onenightfriendfree, set smaller goals like “sending 10 messages a day to new guys in my area” or “playing in 5 sessions a week to meet 5 people in 5 minutes”.
Our new Facebook application just launched, and it is already becoming the new and exciting way for people to find out what their friends are saying about them! Chances are, someone you know is already answering a quiz question about you as you read this!
(photo by devanndesousa)
- Make a reservation at the popular restaurant you want to take your date to.
- Set up your date a week in advance so your date knows you’re thinking of him/her.
- Buy them flowers – thoughtfulness is awesome!
- Bring them a treat. Try to stay away from candy, bring something healthy instead!
- Bring them a card. Make one or buy one, either way it’s your opportunity to write something sweet that you don’t often get a chance (or let yourself be vulnerable enough) to say.
- Take your mother out if you don’t have a romantic date, at least let someone feel loved on this holiday!
- Show up late to the date.
- Wear jeans and a t-shirt – use this as an opportunity to clean up and dress up!
- Bring them cheap candy. Try to bring something healthier or splurge a little on quality.
- Wait until the day before to make plans. Put some thought into it.
- Take your ex out just because you’re lonely. Do something healthy like take a good friend out or your mother, let them know you care!
- Complain about how much Valentine’s Day sucks. Use this as an opportunity to celebrate the person you’re with and keep the conversation positive!
Who HASN’T heard of Wikileaks yet? If not, shame on you! There’s nothing more embarrassing than being the last one in on a really amazing secret. Lucky for you we’re spilling our own secrets this week. It’s nearly the beginning of a new year and we think we ought to get a fresh start for 2011.
- Bayer Asprin was introduced before Band-Aids or NyQuil. Okay, that wasn’t a secret, that was on tonight’s Million Dollar Money Drop. And, it’s not even interesting information. Okay, let’s try again.
- Santa is bringing you some hottie from onenightfriendfree.com, fully donned in mistle-toe. Don’t believe us? Just check her out. She’s on one of these pages. All you have to do is message her, be funny charming witty and totally not creepy and she’ll meet up with you. Swear!
- There is a secret way to get any guy or girl to go on a date with you. Listen closely, here it is: Introduce yourself, say hello and ask them out on a date. Not what you were looking for? Chances are you’re not trying it. You gotta give a little to get a little y’all!
- Dressing in Holiday colors WILL get you noticed. Reindeer ears, even better. Bright red nose? Uh, no, leave that one at home.
- She wants to give you her telephone number. She does! Make eye contact, don’t look away while you introduce yourself, make some witty comment and then go for the kill immediately. DO NOT QUITE MAKING EYE CONTACT. This will seduce her. True, all true, these are great secrets we’re sharing with you, do not belittle our efforts here!
- He wants to pay for your dinner. You just have to “forget” your wallet.
Hope these were fun. Let us know if you have questions, comments, etc, etc by email ( Community [at] onenightfriendfree [dot] com) or Facebook.