So if we’re being called out we might as well explain what we do.
At onenightfriendfree we are focused on getting people together, or “facilitating real time social interactions” as the boss says. One of our key differentiators from the more traditional dating sites is that users interact with each other - live - on the site in messaging and in video chat. This results in a range of requirements of the product, and of the infrastructure, that are quite different than most other players in the space. It is essential that the people who are online get to interact with other people who are online now, and communication between people happens fast.
“Isn’t it totally cowardly to break up with someone in a letter?” YES, it is.
It might be the twenty-first century, the age of electronic communication, but email and text are no substitute for discussions that deserve a face-to-face. Here’s a few tips on how to respond if someone tries to break up with you via electronic device.
- Text them back “no” and see how they respond.
- Don’t respond and pretend you never got the text message. Act like nothing is wrong and give them a big hug next time you see them. Make sure to look deep in their eyes and tell them how much you love them.
- Take a screen shot of the message, post it to Facebook and tag them. You don’t want to be the crazy ex though, so make the photo private, so only the two of you can see it. They probably won’t notice that you made it private and will think that everyone can see it, so this is a good option to give them a good scare! Great way to “get back” at them for being a douche.
- Send them back a text that says “can we meet up for makeup sex one last time?” Make a plan to meet up, then don’t show up and post pictures of yourself on Facebook on a date with someone else.
- Text back “but, I’m pregnant.” Just for kicks. Obviously you’re not pregnant, but this will freak them out a little bit and give you some time to let them squirm uncomfortably. Don’t let this carry on too long… it’s not nice, send them a follow up text that says “jk!” Just leave it at that and move on.
And, if someone is annoying you by being crude or rude you don’t have to make excuses to end the conversation (like you do in a real life dating situation), it’s easy to click the “next” button to move on to someone you like better.
Tell us what you think, visit our Fan Page!
Meeting more people in a smaller amount of time means that you’re going to have to get good at bailing when the date starts to go sour. Here’s some tips from onenightfriendfree to help you skedaddle so you can rush home and respond to the plethora of other hotties waiting to hook up.
- Fake pulling a muscle. Give yourself a self massage for a few minutes then politely apologize for the (seemingly) excruciating pain you’re going through and limp feebly toward the exit. Remember, the more twisted your facial expression is the more uncomfortable your date will feel, making them wish you’d left a little bit sooner.
- Fake like you’re getting a call from your neighbor about your dog being sick. “Fido WHAT????…. oh no….. really?? … OMG… well, yes I….. Okay…. diarrhea??….” Take a mental snapshot of your date as you say the word “diarrhea” really loud and drawn out. Then, make a scene and rush out muttering something about how you’d never forgive yourself is something happened to the only best friend you’ve ever had in the world. If you play your cards right you can “accidentally” forget to pay as well, saving yourself a few bucks. I’d save this for someone who is already being a complete jerk, otherwise you’re just being kinda mean.
- Fake being sick. If you’re good at role playing this can come off as totally legit, and will leave your date feeling sorry for you. They may even pay for your cab ride home. A little manipulative, at least this technique won’t hurt their feelings. This is a good option if you want to try to keep them as a friend!
- Have a friend call you, faking an emergency. The bad thing about this option is that it is SO overplayed. Your date is likely to know that you’re taking the easy way out, and what’s the point of that if you’re trying to keep them from knowing that you’re bailing? You might as well just say “I’m not into you” and walk out.
- Flat out say “I’m not into you, at all,” and saunter out. There’s nothing like confidence to make you feel sexy and alive. Maybe you can pick up a member of the wait staff as you exit, just don’t let the door hit you on the way out.
One of the biggest help questions we field everyday is from our userbase wondering how to get other people on the site engaged.
Let me tell you the secret: It’s a numbers game.
Don’t spend 2 hours meticulously combing through profile after profile, selecting and messaging the only 3 that meet your standards. You’re significantly lessening your chances of meeting anyone on the site by doing that. Many people use their webcams to post pictures and may appear, at a glance, to be less attractive than they actually are. Do yourself a favor and reach out to a few extra people even if it’s just to see what kind of response you get.
And ladies, don’t wait around for messages from the guys, this isn’t the only way to know if he’s into you. With thousands of profiles on onenightfriendfree he may not stumble onto yours if you don’t message him first, so keep that in mind when your ego tells you he should be messaging you first because he may not have seen you yet!
Point is, if you want to meet some people you have to cast a wide enough net to reel them in. Message or nudge a few people on every people page. People will message you back if you hit up enough profiles. Even if you’re not interested in any of the prospects that messaged you back at least you have some messages to read through, and who knows, you might make a few new friends to keep in touch with over free hookup!
-Team onenightfriendfreeadvice on dating dating advice for men dating advice for women dating and advice dating tips free dating advice free dating tips free hookup online dating online hookup hookup